The benefits of Styrofloft® include:
- Reduce heat loss through your loft space
- Reduce heating bills
- Provide an excellent base for storage or additional insulation
- Suitable base for lightweight foot traffic
- High quality birch plywood finish
- Compact size
- Choice of four thickness for extra insulation
Styrofloft® is manufactured from birch plywood, which is bonded to both faces of Styrofoam extruded polystyrene insulation. Styroloft® boards provide contractors with a compliant solution which will help to reduce heat loss through the loft space, as well as providing a robust surface that can be walked on, or used for storage.
- Available in four thickness’ ranging 18mm to 115mm, is durable, resistant to moisture and will not deteriorate, like some other materials
- The boards are lightweight, weighing less than 3kg each and can be cut easily on site with no need for specialist equipment or skills
- Is compatible with CITB-Construction Skills’ ‘General Requirements for the Installation of Loft Insulation’ which states that timber or flooring grade chipboard with a minimum thickness of 18mm should be installed above existing insulation material, if a walkway or storage space is required
Styroloft® loft insulation and Storage:
Styroloft® is a loft insulation energy saving panel, can be used as an alternative to chipboard when boarding your loft. Styroloft is designed as a lightweight loft lining subject to low level foot traffic. In the main it allows you to board your loft to provide a storage area. Most customers use Styroloft® when topping up their loft insulation with fibre rolls. It is suitable for use as a light use domestic flooring panel. Lay Styroloft® over joists to create a smooth storage are, and top up your domestic energy performance to the recommended level.
Styroloft® is is delivered to your door with all fitting screws, ready for you to do it yourself and is an excellent base for topping up your loft insulation. Styroloft® loft insulation boards provide all all-in-one storage and insulation solution.
We pride ourselves on our high level of quality & service and all our products are manufactured to British Standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015. We keep extensive stocks at our Sheffield warehouse close to Junction 31 off the M1, ready for collection or distribution across the UK.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (6th Nov 2019):
Over the next few weeks, the insulation foam used to make Styroloft – Dow Styrofoam, will be changing brand names to Ravatherm XPS. This product is now manufactured by Ravago Building Solutions – Europe’s largest manufacturer of XPS insulation. The level of quality will remain the same. If you have any questions regarding this name change, please contact our technical sales team.
- Blue Styrofoam LBH will be changing to Blue Ravatherm XPS H LB
For more information – read here.