The benefits of Styrofloft® include:
- Reduce heat loss through your loft space
- Reduce heating bills
- Provide an excellent base for storage or additional insulation
- Suitable base for lightweight foot traffic
- High quality birch plywood finish
- Compact size
- Choice of four thickness for extra insulation
Styrofloft® is manufactured from birch plywood, which is bonded to both faces of Styrofoam extruded polystyrene insulation. Styroloft® boards provide contractors with a compliant solution which will help to reduce heat loss through the loft space, as well as providing a robust surface that can be walked on, or used for storage.
- Available in four thickness’ ranging 18mm to 115mm, is durable, resistant to moisture and will not deteriorate, like some other materials
- The boards are lightweight, weighing less than 3kg each and can be cut easily on site with no need for specialist equipment or skills
- Is compatible with CITB-Construction Skills’ ‘General Requirements for the Installation of Loft Insulation’ which states that timber or flooring grade chipboard with a minimum thickness of 18mm should be installed above existing insulation material, if a walkway or storage space is required
Styroloft® loft insulation and Storage:
Styroloft® is a loft insulation energy saving panel, can be used as an alternative to chipboard when boarding your loft. Styroloft is designed as a lightweight loft lining subject to low level foot traffic. In the main it allows you to board your loft to provide a storage area. Most customers use Styroloft® when topping up their loft insulation with fibre rolls. It is suitable for use as a light use domestic flooring panel. Lay Styroloft® over joists to create a smooth storage are, and top up your domestic energy performance to the recommended level.
Styroloft® is is delivered to your door with all fitting screws, ready for you to do it yourself and is an excellent base for topping up your loft insulation. Styroloft® loft insulation boards provide all all-in-one storage and insulation solution.
We pride ourselves on our high level of quality & service and all our products are manufactured to British Standard BS EN 9001:2000. We keep extensive stocks at our Sheffield warehouse close to Junction 31 off the M1, ready for collection or distribution across the UK.
There are significant changes underway in the supply of Styrofoam the market leading extruded polystyrene. During 2018 Dow Chemical will cease the manufacture of blue Styrofoam and replace with a new improved product called Xenergy Styrofoam. This product will be grey in colour and offer the same mechanical properties but will provide improved thermal performance. The process of winding down stocks of blue Styrofoam is already underway with some grades already exhausted such as RTM, these will be supplied in the new improved grade of Xenergy. Other grades will be phased in over coming months. Full technical data sheets on the new improved product are available to download here and here.