Honeycomb panels have increased in popularity over recent years, especially for use within the transport industry. Due to this rising demand, we have extended our range to include Larcore, the lightweight aluminium honeycomb panels from Alucoil.
We are delighted to become an official UK distributor for Larcore, which is renowned for being strong but light in weight. Our state-of-the-art facility, which is equipped with the latest high-performance CNC machinery, means we have the capabilities to fabricate Larcore to meet the needs of the UK transport industry, especially within the rail and marine sectors.
Aluminium honeycomb panels offer several benefits when used for external and internal components of trains, ships and other vessels. Here’s why you should consider specifying Larcore from Panel Systems for your next project:
- Larcore panels are a lightweight and durable alternative to conventional materials, such as plywood and metal fabrications. Use of the material reduces the weight of trains and vessels, when compared to using traditional core materials, and therefore increases their ability to carry more passengers or goods and reduces energy usage.
- The panels are manufactured in a continuous process with an aluminium honeycomb core and aluminium skins which make them 100% recyclable. This continuous process also results in the panels taking on an extremely flat surface.
- Larcore is fire rated to A2 and designed for demanding environments where a robust but weightless material is required.
- The panels are coated with a primer suitable as a finished surface or for further processing including colour coatings.
Common rail applications include:
- Toilet Modules.
- Accessibility ramps
- Interior vertical divisions
- Accessible ceilings
Common marine applications include:
- Cockpit bottoms
- Internal fittings
- Furniture and furniture components
- Reinforcement of decks and decking panels
- Structural or decorative bulkheads
Larcore panels from Panel Systems are available to order direct from our website in a standard sheet size of 3120mm x 1500mm in a range of thicknesses including 6mm, 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm and 30mm – other sizes & thicknesses are also available on request including lengths up to 6250mm long
As well as offering Larcore in standard sizes, our 3 and 5 Axis CNC machining facility means we can also shape and drill the panels for bespoke applications.
To find out more about Larcore from Panel Systems or to order online, click here. For more information about our capabilities and expertise, or to speak to a member of our team about your bespoke panel requirements, call 01142 752881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.